Does this scenario sound familiar?
Julie came back into the office after a two-week break, sporting a new tan and a relaxed smile only to listen to a stream of angry messages from a valued supplier about a missed payment. When she looked at the invoice in question that had been on hold, she realized there wasn’t an issue, it just sat waiting to be approved while she was out. While there were alternate approvers assigned to the invoice, they were all out too. If only she’d set up temporary delegation and assigned the task to someone who wasn’t lucky enough to take the long break.
Before you head out for the holidays, make sure you have a plan to keep everything moving. Temporary delegation allows you to quickly delegate tasks associated with all invoice types, purchase requisitions and purchase orders to someone else in your absence.
- Avoid unnecessary delays while you are away, especially at year-end when everyone is trying to wrap up the year
- Deal with exceptions in a timely manner
- Avoid fees and supplier frustration with late payments
- Just go to the top right corner to access your personal settings.
- You can only delegate tasks to users active in the given company and to users active in its parent company.
- If you are assigned to a role with the NoTemporaryDelegationAllowed access key, you will not be able to add or edit temporary delegations in your user settings or on the user administration page. You can read the technical documentation here.
- Time estimate: Less than a minute.