Does this scenario sound familiar?
Control Energy provides power for Sprightly’s eight offices and bills the organization monthly. The bill is divided based on the square footage of each location, meaning the AP professional must manually calculate the amount and distribute to the correct location code every month. This practice is time-consuming and cumbersome and must be done for several utility bills across the organization. In some cases, costs are not just allocated by location, but by department, meaning there might be hundreds of cost centers on a single invoice. Accounting Templates can be used to create a set accounting distribution and automatically applied based on the supplier or added to an invoice at the time of review. Users can even setup their own if you give them permission.
Stop manually entering accounting codes for common accounting distributions.
Do you ever find you are entering the same coding details on invoices again and again? For invoices and suppliers where there is a standard set of distributions, you can use Accounting Templates to setup default coding based on fixed amount, percentages, or even left open, so AP doesn’t have to spend time manually entering in codes and amounts every month when the information is always the same.
- Remove the guessing of coding by assigning accounting templates to invoices per supplier
- Reduce entry errors because coding and amounts can be automatically applied
- Decrease the overall invoice processing time
- Users with the Expense AP role can edit and remove accounting templates and users with permission can create and save their own.
- A few things you should think about:
- Are there invoices you receive on a recurring basis that always have the same accounting distributions?
- Do the allocations across account codes change each time, or are they are a fixed percentage?
- Do you need to setup Accounting Templates for certain roles or users, or do they apply to everyone?
- Will you let users set up their own Accounting Templates?
- Do some Accounting Templates apply to certain suppliers?